Avery County Board of Education
Educational InstitutionsGovernment Offices
The Avery County School district is a K-12 public school district located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of north-western North Carolina. We serve approximately 2,000 students and employ around 400 faculty and staff across 7 campuses. We strive to meet the needs of all students through our educational and student services programs. Also, we provide an internet capable device to each student in an effort to prepare them for life and work in a world of ever increasing technology use.
Avery County Schools will become the best school district in North Carolina to learn and work.
The mission of the Avery County Schools is to prepare students for success by providing the best education possible through supportive relationships with students, parents, and community.
Our Core Beliefs
The Avery County Schools will:
1) Maximize the potential of every student.
2) Create an environment that values and models perseverance, innovation, and creativity.
3) Inspire and nurture relationships among students, staff, parents, and community.
4) Create and foster a culture of kindness and compassion.
5) Create a climate where students and staff feel safe, respected, and valued.
Avery County Schools consists of three innovative high schools with grades 9-12, two middle schools with grades 6-8, five elementary schools with grades Pre-K - 5.