Health Care Services
Toe River Project Access (TRPA) now has a new home at CareReach. For almost 20 years TRPA has served uninsured residents of Mitchell and Yancey counties by linking them to health care and health-related resources.
A vital resource for these mountain communities, TRPA connects eligible participants to a comprehensive donated care network comprised of volunteer providers and area healthcare partners. Patients enrolled with TRPA are offered access to primary and specialty care and medication assistance, as well as linkage to behavioral health services and resources.
Toe River Project Access provides support to those who meet the following criteria:
Residents of Avery, Mitchell or Yancey Counties
- Ages 18-64
- Do not have health insurance
- Have low income (below 200% FPL)
Eligible participants can receive comprehensive support and assistance with physical, behavioral and social health, including (but not limited to):
- Help with accessing primary and specialty care services, regardless of ability to pay
- Assistance in navigating both the healthcare system and community programs/resources
- Medication Assistance
- Low-cost options for vision and dental services
- Help with applying for financial assistance for specialty care and unpaid medical bills
- Assistance with obtaining affordable health insurance through the Health Insurance Marketplace
- CareReach has implemented an innovative project designed to connect care coordination programs with existing transit options